- I can select topics that are meaningful to me.
- I can state my opinion and give reasons why I feel that way.
Express my opinion on topics I am passionate about.
Change the world. :)
Things I wish I could change:
* politics - more for the people
* society's portrayal of 'perfection'
* penalty for sex offenders/ pedophiles
* animal cruelty
* CHDHS hours
* how people treat the environment
* school rules
* expense of items ie. gas
Things I wish people would do more often:
* respect others
* donate to their community
* try new things
* support the homeless
Things I wish people would stop doing:
* talking on cell phone while driving
* self harming
* making jokes designed to hurt
* being racist/homophobic/sexist
* neglecting themselves
* abusing animals
Don't forget to complete the Analyze an Essay Assignment.
Just as a reminder -
1) Crossword puzzle for terms.
2) Highlight and label terms in Summer essay.
3) Use highlights and labels to complete the graphic organizer.
4) HAND IN GRAPHIC ORGANIZER! :)
Compose a five paragraph essay in response to a prompt.
This is a FORMATIVE assessment piece - which means it will not count towards your grade, but will give me valuable information about what each of you needs to improve. Based on feedback, you will be developing a goal for your persuasive writing piece (which will count!).
Starting in Grade 7, all courses should be credits (like high school). If you don't get your credits, you don't pass. Agree or disagree?